Life history traits and friends
Welcome to the Debes lab!
Our research is driven by the broad interest for understanding the relative importance of environmental influences vs. genetic determination on shaping plastic phenotypes. This understanding contributes to the ability of predicting how species and ecosystems react in a changing world but also how captive species react in response to artificial selection. Our commonest model species are fishes from the salmonidae family, such as trout, charr, and salmon. To answer specific research questions, we often conduct planned breeding in combination with controlled laboratory experiments, and we may also work in the wild.
Do you want to know more about:
- who we are? Please check PEOPLE
- what we currently work on? Please check RESEARCH
- what we previously worked on? Please check PUBLICATIONS
- what Paul is teaching? Please check TEACHING
- about the Icelandic Arctic charr breeding programme? Please check ARCTIC CHARR BREEDING
The Debes Lab is part of the Department of Aquaculture and Fish Biology at Hólar University and situated in Sauðárkrókur, north-west Iceland.
Paul V. Debes
Department of Aquaculture and Fish Biology
Phone: +354 839 2716